Re: [ESPResSo-users] Order Parameter

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Order Parameter
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:29:17 +0200

On Thursday 22 September 2011, Muhammad Anwar wrote:
> Hello,
> Dear Users and Developers,
> I am working on polymer melt and i want to calculate nematic order
> parameter for liquid crystals. I have script in C for it, can anybody
> help me in gluing it with ESPREsSo?

Dear Muhammad,

just take a look at statistics.c. There are all the observables implemented,
for example the mindist observable, which is implemented in functions mindist
and tclcommand_analyze_parse_mindist, and has some glue code at the end in
tclcommand_analyze. I think it is easy to understand how to access the
coordinates, and you can then calculate the order parameter and return it.

Many regards,
Axel

--
JP Dr. Axel Arnold      Tel: +49 711 685 67609
ICP, Universität Stuttgart      Email: address@hidden