Re: [ESPResSo] parallell job stopped outputing after several steps by Es

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] parallell job stopped outputing after several steps by Espresso-2.1.2j
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:45:07 +0200

Hi!

On 08/27/2010 09:20 AM, Yanping Fan, Liza (Dr) wrote:
About Espresso-2.1.2j , I used to run a job by single cpu complied with
no mpi. The job can be finished properly .However recently I compiled it
paralleled, the compilation is fine. The same job stopped outputting any
new data after running a few steps.

From your scarce description, it is hard to help you. It would be helpful if you could send the script that failed, and the error message, if there is any.

Of course running a script in parallel is not always the same as running it on a single CPU. In many cases, it is necessary to tell ESPResSo how to parallelize, as it is not always self-evident.

Olaf