Re: [ESPResSo] Implementation of full DPD algorithm in Espresso ?

From: Limbach, Hans Joerg, LAUSANNE, Food Materials
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] Implementation of full DPD algorithm in Espresso ?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:10:01 +0200

 Dear all,

Yes, this is all my fault, as I only needed the DPD thermostat and not
the rest of DPD for some NEMD simulations I think 6 years ago.

Which is probably more confusing to some people is, that the DPD
thermostat is implemented as a short range interaction potential (what
it actually is, if you look at it more closely). This is why the typical
short range interaction potential functions like
add_interdpd_pair_force(p1, p2, ...) are there. There is nothing wrong
with it (I hope ;-)).

So, Marek, please take the little additional effort and follow the great
instructions from Christoph to make this feature available to everybody!
Espresso can't exist without this effort! Well, probably a bit pathetic
in this wording, but it's not so far from the truth.

With best regards,
Hanjo