[ESPResSo] DPD and velocity verlet integration

From: Jacob Kirkensgaard
Subject: [ESPResSo] DPD and velocity verlet integration
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 23:03:55 +0200

Hello

I am implementing some DPD polymer simulations and would like to use the modified velocity-Verlet (VV) algorith used by Groot and Warren in Groot and Warren, J. Chem. Phys. 107 (11) 1997. I attach a snapshot of the equations:

TIFF image

As is stated the usual VV is recovered for lambda = 0.5. The documentation is close to non-existing on this matter so here are the questions:

1: Does the implemented version of the VV include the 0.5*Delta t^2 term in the first step? This is shown in the above paper to be crucial to temperature control in DPD. There is mentioning of some scaling of the forces in the code (integrate.c) but I am unsure if it means exactly this...

2: I suspect the lambda thing is NOT implemented in Espressos version of the VV - does anyone know?

Kind regards and thanks,
Jacob