Re: [ESPResSo] Creation of Rigid Structures in Espresso

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] Creation of Rigid Structures in Espresso
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:37:51 +0100

Markus Deserno wrote:
Dear Lorenzo,

In 2005 Horacio Tapia-McClung and Niels Grønbech-Jensen have
proposed a new algorithm for creating constraints such as the
ones you're looking for.  The algorithm is described here:

    http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/polb.20383

Maybe you feel like implementing this into ESPResSo?

Best,

Markus

Hello,
And thanks for the many replies.
I'll had a look at the paper, but now time is against me.
However, I managed to create stiff chains by combining a tabulated radial potential (simply a narrow potential well) plus a bond angle interaction. The resulting structure can be considered an acceptable approximation of the rigid chain I was looking for.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Cheers

Lorenzo