Re: [ESPResSo] installation error on a 64 bit machine of 2.1.0 version o

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] installation error on a 64 bit machine of 2.1.0 version of espresso
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:11:19 +0200

Am Samstag 20 September 2008 21:06 schrieb Olaf Lenz:
> Hello!
>
> siamak jadidi wrote:
> > This is X86_64 machine
> > uname -m = x86_64
> > uname -r = 2.6.9-67.0.1.ELsmp
> > for more information plz check config.log in attachment
> > Also as in help explained I've
> >  disable-processor-optimization
> > but it did not work
> > can any one help me
>
> Did you see the notes below, that the configure script printed out?
>***** * Note, that you are using a 64bit machine and ESPResSo tries to build
> a 64bit *
> * binary. Please make sure that you are using a 64bit version of the
> library!  *
>*****
>***** * Could not link against the (static) Tcl library (libtcl*.a).
>        *
> * Please add the library path to LDFLAGS (e.g. configure
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib)!  *
>*****
>
> Do you have Tcl installed? In the 64bit version, or in 32bit?
> You might find some more help in the FAQ at
>
>  http://espressowiki.mpip-mainz.mpg.de/wiki/index.php/FAQ
>
> If you do not understand what I just wrote or what is written there,
> please ask a (local) Linux/Unix expert of your choice to help you.
>
> Best regards
>
>  Olaf

As it seems from config.log, it is rather a problem of the mpich-installation
on your system: mpicc is not able to link any program, it misses the
mpich-library, although mpicc should include the path to this library
automatically. Probably, your mpich is only installed for 32bit, or has been
moved around without adapting mpicc.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Arnold