Re: [ESPResSo] Double the number of jobs when using mpirun

From: aarnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] Double the number of jobs when using mpirun
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:32:32 +0200 (CEST)

Owen Hickey wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am currently trying to run Espresso on sun machines and for some reason
> when I do  "mpirun -np 4 ./Espresso ./eofCombs.tcl" instead of using 4
> threads it actually uses 8.  Is this a problem with my tcl script.

The problem is the invocation. "./Espresso" is actually a wrapper script
that executes a mpirun itself. The number of processors is given as a
parameter after the script name, and defaults to 2. Therefore, you get 8
threads.

So, you should simply execute "./Espresso ./eofCombs.tcl 4" to run on 4
processors. Or, if you want to do the mpirun yourself, then use "mpirun
-np 4 obj-xxx/Espresso_bin eofCombs.tcl".

Axel