Re: [ESPResSo] MPI problem

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] MPI problem
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:24:07 +0100

Am Donnerstag 17 Januar 2008 02:05 schrieb Xinghua Shi:
> Hi all,
>
> I encounted the same problem described as
> http://fias.uni-frankfurt.de/pipermail/espresso/2007-October/000061.html
>
> I hope some expert here may give some hints.
> The computer is HP cluster with AMD 64 core and Red hat operation system.
> Attached please find the config.log file.

According to the config.log, Espresso finds a MPI implementation
in /opt/hpmpi, which seems to be some HP-specific implementation. Espresso
then tries to use this library in the standard way, which however may not
work with this library. It tries to start using mpirun -np 4 <binary, i.e.
obj-xxx/Espresso_bin> <scriptname> <script parameters>. Please check with the
documentation of your MPI library whether this is the correct call, or
whether you need other parameters.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Arnold
Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)