Re: [ESPResSo] MPI issue

From: Tristan Bereau
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] MPI issue
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:03:11 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately the CC=mpicc argument didn't quite
help, but I think I found something interesting:
The compiler settings at the end of the ./configure process gives me:

Compiler settings:
------------------
MPI                     = mpich
compiler                = mpicc
linker                  = mpicc
c compiler flags        = -finline-limit=1000000 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-loops -floop-optimize -ffast-math -Wall -Wno-unused-function
-O3 -malign-double -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -march=nocona
c preprocessor flags    =  -I/opt/mpich/include
linker flags            =  -L/opt/mpich/ch-p4/lib
libraries               = -lfftw3  -ltcl8.4  -lmpich -lm
using debug flags       = no
using profiling flags   = no
inline                  =

I think the problem comes from the 'MPI = mpich' line.  Even if mpicc is
set in the environment by OpenMPI (I checked using a 'which' command),
ESPResSo links to 'mpich' in the directory /opt/mpich.
I just discovered right now that mpich and openMPI are two different
programs, so I'm guessing I had mpich by default on my computer and it's
just not compatible with ESPResSo...

I'm a little bothered ESPResSo references to mpich, since I added
openmpi at the beginning of my $PATH variable.
I'll look more into that.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion!

Tristan