espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] ESPResSo release 4.0.0

From: Florian Weik
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] ESPResSo release 4.0.0
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 18:36:21 +0200

Hi All,
we are very happy to announce the release of ESPResSo 4.0.0 today.
The new version can be downloaded at
http://espressomd.org/wordpress/espresso-4-0-released/
Please see also there for a complete list of changes as well as online
documentation.

ESPResSo 4.0 is the first release of ESPResSo with a Python interface. I.e., the language in which simulation scripts are written is now Python, and support for the TCL-interface has been dropped. We recommend all users switch to ESPResSo 4.0, there will be no more fixes to TCL-based versions. This transition is the result of a multi-year effort, which now is finally finished.

If you find a bug in ESPResSo please tell us at github under
https://github.com/espressomd/espresso/issues
so we can improve the tool for everybody.

If you need assistance with regard to the software, please do not
hesitate to post on the mailing list which can be found at
http://espressomd.org/wordpress/community-and-support/mailing-lists/.

On behalf of the Espresso project I would like to thank everybody involved for their
contributions. This would not have been possible without the help of many people.

Regards,
Florian