espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] accessibility of p1->r.p and p1->l.i on ghost cells

From: Ivan Cimrak
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] accessibility of p1->r.p and p1->l.i on ghost cells
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:14:37 +0100

Hi,

I have a question regarding computation of unfolded position. In the
code, this unfolded position is computed by unfold_position(pos,img),
where pos is obtained from p1->r.p and img is obtained from p1->l.i.

In Espresso code documentation it is written, that p1->l is a
structure holding "Information on a particle that is needed only on
the node the particle belongs to". Does it mean, that for particles
from ghost cells I can not access p1->l structure?

If yes, this practically means that I can not unfold the position of
particles from ghost cells? (Because I do not know its img needed for
unfold_position).

In fact, I tried to use unfold_position for particles in ghost cells
and it does behave in a way that sometimes I get incorrect values when
reading p1->l.i.

Thanks,
Ivan

--