espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Porting Interaction Calculations to CUDA

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Porting Interaction Calculations to CUDA
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 19:51:05 +0200

On Friday 27 April 2012, Peter Toson wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> Thanks for the quick reply and pointing me to that code - you've saved
> me a lot
> of work.
>
> Now I have a follow-up question: is there an array for all (local)
> interactions as well?
> Or can I get the interaction information only from particles?

Sorry, but what do you mean by interactions? If you mean the bonded
interactions, they are indeed only stored with the particles, more precisely,
with one of the particles involved in the bond (so, for a bond, only one
partner knows about this bond!). There is no local or global list of these,
since we don't need it. We anyways loop the particles once to calculate the
nonbonded interactions, and during that course, we also add the bonded
interactions.

For the nonbonded short ranged interactions a local Verlet list is kept with
all the interacting pairs per pair of cells, but that does not include the
pairs you probably need.

Many regards,
Axel

--
JP Dr. Axel Arnold      Tel: +49 711 685 67609
ICP, Universität Stuttgart      Email: address@hidden