espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Developer's documentation format

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] Developer's documentation format
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:33:12 +0100

Hi!

On 03/14/2011 02:48 PM, Axel Arnold wrote:
> I vote for LaTeX.. Being Up-To-Date is not a question of medium, even
> a wiki can be fairly outdated, as Christoph already pointed out. And
> LaTeX is the format all physicists are used to.

With up-to-date I mostly meant that if the developer's guide would be in
the wiki, everybody would always get the most up-to-date version, and
not the one bundled with the code that he uses. If somebody who wants to
start developing ESPResSo uses an outdated version of the User's Guide
that still contains outdated development info, and starts developing
like that, then this would be pretty stupid.

That's why I prefer putting the developer's guide online and independent
of the sources.

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart