espressomd-devel

RE: [ESPResSo-devel] Nsquare cellsystem and folded positions

From: Limbach, Hans Joerg, LAUSANNE, NRC-FS
Subject: RE: [ESPResSo-devel] Nsquare cellsystem and folded positions
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:48:06 +0200

Hi all,

So at least sleeping sometimes helps.
I mixed something up yesterday. So Olaf is right. Sorry Olaf. I guess why the
discrepancies are their in the implementation is that the nsquare algorithm for
periodic systems is realized by the domain decomposition scheme with
max_num_cells = 1. As far as I remember the nsquare cellsystem has only been
used for finite charged systems. The system then resides in a hollow sphere,
the box is at least 3 times as big as the sphere diameter and the maximal
interaction range is the sphere diameter.

Greetings,
Hanjo