erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] erc-modules notifications not working

From: jenia.ivlev
Subject: [Erc-discuss] erc-modules notifications not working
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 17:36:31 -0400

I want to be notified when someone addresses me on irc. But some reason
I can't achieve that.

I tried to set the list `erc-modules` to include `notifications` like so:

    (require 'erc)
    (add-to-list 'erc-modules 'notifications)
    (erc-update-modules)

It was giving me:

    Symbol's value as variable is void: notifications

So then I simply did

    M-x customize option
    erc-modules

There I clicked the "notifications" options. And the following was saved
to my .emacs file:

    (custom-set-variables
    '(erc-modules (quote (autojoin button completion fill irccontrols
          list log match menu move-to-prompt netsplit networks
          noncommands notifications readonly ring stamp track)))
     )

But I still have no notifications. By the way, I left the first code
block, from above, in .emacs file. Its still at the very bottom of the
.emacs file, after everything else.

So my question is how do I set erc to notify me when someone is
addressing a message at me?

Thanks in advance for your kind help and time.

Jenia.