erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] /list produces incomplete output: analysis and workaro

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] /list produces incomplete output: analysis and workaround
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 15:44:56 +0200

Michael Olson <address@hidden> wrote:
> It would be a good idea to pick a solution and send the patch to the
> address@hidden list, since the primary place to maintain ERC is in the
> Emacs source tree.  Cc: me for a +1 on the patch.

Ok I'll do so.

> The one that has the potential to break the least amount of code is
> probably better.

Question still is, which one would it be...  :)

Well, I'd tend to propose my original patch for two reasons:

1. erc-sever-322 will still run (which it did before) so it does change
   the overall behavior less.  (Even tough I'm still not sure what the
   idea behind erc-sever-322 actually is.)

2. If erc-list is not loaded, the default handling via
   erc-server-322-message suffers from the same problem, which is fixed
   by my path, too.

So, if nobody objects I'll post my path to emacs-devel sometime the next
days.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : "GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple
             : actions and impossible to accomplish complex actions."