Re: [Enigma-devel] Startup Error.

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Startup Error.
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 19:31:44 +0200

Hi all,

from the screenshots Ivan showed me, it is clear that Enigma succeeds in writing enigma.score, but fails to write state.xml and enigmarc. Ivan uses a Cyrillic letter in his Windows username, which might be the cause for his problems. I set up a Windows account on my own desktop with a Cyrillic username, and Enigma won't start at all (only once, directly after installation; no error message).

Does anyone of you have experiences with using Enigma on Windows 10 with a Cyrillic username?

@Ivan: A possible solution might be to set up a user account, just for Enigma, with Latin letters for the username. Not a very good solution, rather a first aid. As you see above, I could not reproduce your error message exactly, but my experiment hinds at the problem. If this actually is the problem, I will not be able to offer you a better solution until maybe Enigma 1.3 ... sorry.

Best,
Andreas