Re: [Enigma-devel] New level: "The Cube"

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] New level: "The Cube"
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:16:41 +0200

On 11/21/06, Ronald Lamprecht <address@hidden> wrote:
Markus Laire wrote:
> Hi, as Enigma doesn't seem to have a level based on Rubik's Cube, here
> is one.
Having just looked for a few minutes at the level I have one suggestion
as I was astonished about the reaction on touching the switches in the
following sequence: 13-12,13-12

I expected two rotations in the same direction. But the second move
reverts the first one before reapplying it again.

Yes, this seems to be a problem.

What about the following code change for all switches - instead:

> function switch12() if (last == 13) then move_cw(1) end last = 12 end

function switch12() if (last == 13) then move_cw(1) last = -1 else last
= 12 end end

That change would make it impossible to use e.g. sequence 46-47-48 or
16-17-18 to make a double-move.

What about this change instead: Make all metal-tiles around the cube
have a "00" switches which will zero out the sequence.

Then your sequence would become 13-12-00-...-00-13-12 which would work.
46-47-48 would also work as you don't step on a metal during that sequence.

Fixed version (revision 1) is included.

--
Markus Laire