Re: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?

From: Nat Pryce
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:19:44 -0000

From: "Daniel Heck" <address@hidden>
> Dongleware had to invent a colourful story about Oxyd stones supplying
> your very own computer with vital oxygen etc. to justify the strange
> name (it *is* a strange name for a game if you think about it).  Aren't
> there any nice names that are not already taken?

I like the name Enigma but if it has to change, it has to change. I put
"Enigma" into the search engine at thesaurus.com and here are my favourites
of the possible synonyms, in no particular order.  Those marked with a * are
already used for games (found by checking the first page returned by typing
the name followed by "game" into google).

conundrum*
mystification
perplexity* (see below)
teaser* (lots of "teaser" games meaning demo versions)
brain twister*
inscrutability
intricacy*
bewilderment
quandary*

My favourite is "Perplexity". It is already used for a board game but I
don't think that would be a problem. Quandary, for example, is both a board
game and unrelated computer games. Otherwise "Inscrutable", or some play on
that word, might be a nice name.

Cheers,
            Nat.