address@hidden: Re: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?]

From: Ingo van Lil
Subject: address@hidden: Re: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:22:52 +0100

[Damn, Cc: was missing, again.]

From: Ingo van Lil <address@hidden>
To: Daniel Heck <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Rename Enigma?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:18:43 +0100

On 27 Oct 2003, Daniel Heck wrote:

> So maybe choosing a new name for our project isn't such a bad idea after
> all.  As Johannes noted, `"enigma" is totally generic', which,
> reconsidered, isn't exactly a good thing.

Do Freeverse.com actually have any rights to that name or is it your
personal choice to rename it for (our) Enigma's benefit?

> My personal suggestion for a new name is "Enigmory".  It's a blend of
> "Enigma" and "Memory"--close enough to our old name but also indicating
> its heritage (the board game Memory).  Best of all: a google search for
> the word doesn't find anything!

I'd prefer a name that suggests a relation to Oxyd, after all that's
where most of Enigma's ideas come from. Maybe some more or less closely
related chemical term, like Dioxide or Ozone? FreeOxyd is too boring,
isn't it?

        Cheers,
            Ingo

----- End forwarded message -----