Re: [Enigma-devel] Intermediate release

From: Martin Hawlisch
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Intermediate release
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 19:22:07 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

Daniel Heck wrote:
> Heya,
>
> Siegfried just convinced me to put out a small intermediate release.
> Frequent releases was something I avoided so far, mainly because
> preparing a stable release tends to be a lot of work, but I think he is
> right this time:  There are enough new levels and other smaller
> improvements to warrant the effort.
Siegfried is absolutely wright because we have about 60 new levels,
rubberbands and black wholes !!!

> I'm quite busy learning for my upcoming exams, so  I will need a little
> help.  Please tell me if there are any showstoppers or bugs left.
Since the addition of the oxydlib I'm not able to cross compile using
mingw32. I get strange linker errors but had not had the time to track it down.
src/px/testargp and the oxydlib apps have SDL_main issues.
When removing them from the makefiles enigma cannot be linked because of
some really strangely named function calls missing. I can post more details on
monday.
Can you build a win32 version?

The last win32 version I built (20030117) has improper sound FX. It looks
like it does only mix one sample at a time so you dont hear oxyd-open, or other
sounds that are mixed simultaniously. I cannot test it on linux because my
linux box does not have a soundcard.

Rubberbands are not clipped properly and can be drawn over the inventory
area.

When a marble dies parts of old the rubberband are sometimes not removed
from the screen.

> (A small note to all level designers: Please go through your levels and
> see if they need to be reset when the marble is destroyed.  The current
> default behaviour is to automatically respawn the marble, which is
> unsuitable for some levels.  enigma.ConserveLevel=FALSE is your friend.)
Good idea, I'll check them.

--
Cheers, Martin.
http://loshawlos.homeip.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Enigma/WebHome