Re: EMMS doesn't scrobble tracks to libre.fm, despite handshake reportin

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: EMMS doesn't scrobble tracks to libre.fm, despite handshake reporting good
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 21:17:46 -0400

"Nathan R. DeGruchy" <nathan@degruchy.org> writes:

> Hey, Yoni;
>
> I removed the values of those fields and restarted Emacs. I setup a
> ~/.authinfo.gpg file and put in:
>
> `machine turtle.libre.fm login ndegruchy password **** port 443`
>
> (password is masked)
>
> I then
>
> (require 'emms-librefm-scrobbler)
> and
> (emms-librefm-scrobbler-enable)
>

> When I launch emacs, I get:
>
> Decrypting /home/nathan/.authinfo.gpg...done
> Contacting host: turtle.libre.fm:443
> handshake successful
>
> But nothing seems to happen after that. I listened to an album and I get no
> messages about scrobbling tracks.

I tried this on a different machine today and it still just works for
me, so I've not managed to re-create this bug yet.

I'll keep on trying; I haven't given up yet.

Of course, if there is anyone else within earshot who is willing to test
this, please do and report your findings.

P.S. Please don't top-post. In-context replies are the preferred way to
comment on specific bits of instruction and code.