Re: consult-based frontend

From: hugo
Subject: Re: consult-based frontend
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 13:35:10 -0000 (GMT)

Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> writes:

> hugo@heagren.com writes:
>
>> Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> writes:

>>> I'm fine with accepting it into Emms.
>>
>> Definitely! I'd be happy with releasing it to GNU ELPA/MELPA or including
>> it in EMMS. I'm not sure which would be the best way though: consult is a
>> pretty specific framework not used by many people, and this package sits
>> on top of EMMS (i.e. doensn't provide any new functionality). What do you
>> think? Have ivy-emms or helm-emms (or anything else similar) been included
>> in EMMS proper?
>
>As the person who wrote it and uses it, you get to make that call. I'm
>OK with adding it to Emms if you feel that would be useful.

Great. Well then I think it would be a good idea to include it in
EMMS. If possible though, probably as a separate feature/package
to EMMS itself? Similar to the way that embark-consult is a
separate package from embark itself, but kept in the same
repo (this is what I do with consult-emms and consult-emms-embark
at the moment, because it is possible to use consult without
using embark).

>> Either way. I applied for copyright assignment a while ago for a PR on a
>> different project and I'm just waiting to have it confirmed, so yes I'm
>> happy to release the copyright and act as maintainer.
>
>Please ping me when that assignment is done and at that point I'll add
>you to Savannah as a maintainer.

Will do.