Re: Can not play music with emms

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: Can not play music with emms
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 16:34:20 +0500

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 16:30:31 +0500
Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 10:28:02 +0200
> Stanislav Vlasov <s.vlasov@uvt.nl> wrote:
>
> > I would really love to listen music without leaving EMACS but I can not
> > figure out why EMMS does not play it.
> >
> > I am on Emacs 26.3 with EMMS 5.4 (Operating System: Manjaro Linux, Kernel:
> > Linux 5.6.15-1-MANJARO)
> > Here are *Messages*:
> > emms-player-mpv 1285.6 json >>
> > {"command":["loadlist","/path/to/music/song1.mp3","replace"],"request_id":1}
> > emms-player-mpv 1285.6 json << {"request_id":1,"error":"error running
> > command"}
> > emms-player-mpv ipc-error: error running command
>
> This seem to be the problem - mpv doesn't accept "loadlist" command for
> some reason.

Wait, scratch that, it shouldn't be using "loadlist" for mp3 files,
it looks like this specific check returns t for that file in your case:

  (memq (emms-track-get track 'type) '(streamlist playlist))

(which sets track-is-playlist to t and hence emms-player-mpv.el tries
to use "loadlist" command for it instead of "loadfile".

I'll check for changes in that regard, maybe "type" gets set
differently for tracks these days, and get back to you.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net