Re: [emms-help] BUG: emms-playlist-limit trashes persisted playlists

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] BUG: emms-playlist-limit trashes persisted playlists
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 12:21:32 -0400

Fran Burstall <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a playlist created from emms-history-load.  In the
> playlist buffer I do /a to limit to an artist and then // to
> get the whole playlist back.
>
> What I expect: to see the whole playlist in the buffer.
>
> What I get: the buffer has been erased and is now completely
> empty.
>
> Reason: emms-playlist-limit-to-all repopulates the buffer
> from the contents of the var emms-playlist-limit-tracks but
> this is apparently not set for playlists created by
> emms-history-load.
>
> A possible fix would be to do
>
> (run-hooks 'emms-playlist-source-inserted-hook)
>
> in emms-history-load but that would only work if
> emms-playlist-limit-tracks was buffer-local (or there was
> only one playlist in the history.)

The fact that `emms-playlist-limit-tracks' isn't buffer-local is a
bug. I fixed that.

The rest of the code in emms-playlist-limit.el is pretty basic and needs
a lot of work to avoid several other issues. I'll add that to the list,
but I can't guarantee when it'll all get done.

In the meantime if you feel like sending in patches...

In any case, thank you for the bug reports.