Re: [emms-help] Disappearing mode-line

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Disappearing mode-line
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 22:40:29 +0500

On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 17:47:46 +0200
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Very often, the EMMS display in the mode line disappears after a while.
> I suspect some conflicting mode but I haven't figured which one yet.
>
> Has anyone else noticed that behaviour?

Only have emms-playing-time in mode-line, but noticed that since some
(rather old by now) version of emacs or emms it stopped updating in
inactive windows (as in emacs windows, not frames).
Probably as a resource-saving measure, and not really a bother.

> Any tip on how to easily dig out the cause?

Maybe override/advice force-mode-line-update to check modeline and if
emms stuff isn't found in there, raise error, getting likely cause from
a backtrace?

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net