[emms-help] EMMS Last.fm issues

From: Dmitry Dzhus
Subject: [emms-help] EMMS Last.fm issues
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 19:30:37 +0300

Greetings!

Recently I was looking at EMMS' Last.fm functionality as I wish to
listen to lastfm:// streams using my Emacs.

I've got EMMS 3.0 and GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1, built on 2008-01-31.

An attempt to launch lastfm:// playback using `M-x emms-lastfm-radio RET
lastfm://globaltags/jazz` fails, producing the following in `*Messages*`
buffer:

    Contacting host: ws.audioscrobbler.com:80
    EMMS: Handshaking for Last.fm playback successful
    Contacting host: ws.audioscrobbler.com:80 [3 times]
    Tramp: Opening connection for http using scp...
    Tramp: Waiting 60s for local shell to come up...
    EMMS: All track information loaded.
    Tramp: Sending command `ssh http   -e none && exit || exit'
    Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell
    File error: Permission denied
    error in process sentinel: tramp-error: Permission denied
    error in process sentinel: Permission denied

Which is really funny as it seems that some HTTP functions magically
call TRAMP functionality which is definetely irrelevant here.

How can it be fixed?
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru