emacsconf-org

Re: Translating captions

From: Esteban Ordóñez
Subject: Re: Translating captions
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 02:58:01 +0000

El 2022-12-08 17:12, Jean-Christophe Helary escribió:

>> If it takes so long to transcribe, wouldn't it be easier to transcribe
>> manually?
>
> Manual transcription requires around 10 minutes per minute of talk.

I calculate that it takes (someone who knows how to touch-type) about 2
seconds per word to transcribe, including corrections during and after.
So, if the speaker speaks at 1 second per word, transcription would take
2 minutes per minute of talk.

> Whisper is way faster than that.

Probably it depends on the processor.  GPU processing is the one in
charge of these repetive tasks.  I am not sure how efficient it is to
use free software for GPUs.