emacsconf-org

Re: Seeking feedback: Tentative timeline for EmacsConf 2022

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: Seeking feedback: Tentative timeline for EmacsConf 2022
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 11:34:31 -0400

Hi Leo, all,

Leo Vivier writes:

> Hi Amin, hi all,
>
> It’s been a while!  Some of us have been busier in June than
> anticipated, and that’s completely fine; however, we do have to get the
> CfP out by the end of the month if we are to leave enough time for
> people to send their proposals.

Indeed. :)  After the recent discussions in #emacsconf-org and the
comments and feedback from y'all, I hope to finally publish the CfP
this evening, after applying some final changes; most notably, to push
the CfP close date back by ~2 weeks to either September 14 (Wednesday)
or September 18 (Sunday).

> Amin gave us an update in another email (not on this list):
>
>> I've resumed work on the EmacsConf 2022 CfP (as you may have seen
>> on git.emacsconf.org) and I hope to have my initial pass finished and
>> ready for review/feedback sometime tomorrow, and hopefully have the
>> CFP officially out on Wednesday without any further delay.
>
> Thanks a lot Amin!  We might have to tweak the date for CfP-end and
> reduce some of the preparation time compared to what we planed; but, at
> the end of the day, we’ll just end up within the same ballpark as last
> year! :)
>
> I’ll be available this week and the next for any work/meeting on this.
>
> Best,

Yup, sounds good!

Cheers,
amin