emacsconf-discuss

Re: [ANN] EmacsConf 2021 program and posters

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: [ANN] EmacsConf 2021 program and posters
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 16:59:00 +0900

> On Oct 29, 2021, at 16:17, Leo Vivier <zaeph@zaeph.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Jean-Christophe,
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary <lists@traduction-libre.org> writes:
>
>> Can we start promoting the event?
>
> You can, yes!
>
>> Also, regarding the schedule, I am in UTC+9, and I see that I’m
>> scheduled about 1h after the beginning, which makes it 0a.m. for my
>> presentation. I’m fine with that, but I’d like to confirm that I’m not
>> wrong.
>
> Yes, you’re right: your talk is scheduled to go live at ~00:09 JST
> (UTC+9).  Given your local time, you could answer questions
> asynchronously on the pad or on IRC, but you’re obviously welcome to
> join us for a live Q&A session.  We’ve definitely stretched the
> definition of “late evening” that you’d mentioned as your availability,
> but we’ve had very little room to work with this year.

I’m used to staying awake late, so that won’t be a problem.

IRC will be OK, but you’ll have to let me know how to join the live Q&A.

I should be fine until about 2am.

There are so many presentations that I would love to listen to live, but I
don’t think that will be possible...

> Thanks for being so accommodating!

Thank you so much for having accepted this presentation.

Jean-Christophe