emacsconf-discuss

[ANN] EmacsConf is coming to Boston (FSF satellite)

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: [ANN] EmacsConf is coming to Boston (FSF satellite)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 19:42:20 -0400

Hello folks,

We’re very happy to announce that the office of the Free Software
Foundation (Boston, MA, USA) will be joining 200ok (Zürich, Switzerland)
as the second official satellite to EmacsConf 2019!  Many thanks to Greg
and the other wonderful folks at the FSF for working hard to put this
together.  I’m beyond excited to see so many other people excited for
EmacsConf 2019 like I am, and I’m thankful for all of the help I’ve
received so far.

You can read the announcement either on the [FSF blogs] or below.  If
you’re interested in attending the FSF satellite in Boston, please be
sure to RSVP by emailing address@hidden as soon as possible, since
the space is very limited.

[FSF blogs]:
<https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/november-2-save-the-date-emacsconf-is-coming-to-boston>

             November 2: Save the date! EmacsConf is coming
                               to Boston

                              Greg Farough

                            October 17, 2019

*The office of the Free Software Foundation (FSF) joins Zürich as the
second satellite location to EmacsConf 2019 - the one and only
conference on the world's most polarizing text editor.*

The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is happy to announce our [office in
Boston] as the next official [EmacsConf] satellite! Join us on Saturday,
November 2 for an all-day event on everyone's favorite self-documenting,
customizable, and extensible editor: [GNU Emacs]! The FSF will join
Zürich, Switzerland as the second physical satellite to EmacsConf, which
will be held online this year.

Beginning at 9:00 a.m. EDT, we will be gathering at the FSF office to
watch both remote and in-person talks on Emacs and Emacs Lisp. A light
breakfast and dinner will be provided by the FSF, and three lucky
attendees will come away with some official Emacs merchandise from the
[GNU Press].

A tentative schedule of the conference is as follows:

- 9:00 a.m. EDT: Conference begins with keynotes from Amin Bandali,
  Sacha Chua, and Emacs maintainer John Wiegley.
- 9:30 a.m. EDT: "User-related" conference track begins, with talks from
  Sachin Patil, Parham Doustdar, and Marcin Swieczkowski in addition to
  the lightning talks.
- 12:00 p.m. EDT: "Development" conference track begins, with talks from
  Jonathan Chu, Howard Abrams, Damien Cassou, and Matt Ray.
- 4:00 p.m. EDT: "Future" conference track begins, with talks from Greg
  Farough and Perry Metzger.
- 4:50 p.m. EDT: Closing remarks, with dinner provided by the FSF.

A small raffle will be conducted after the conclusion of each conference
track, and Emacs stickers will be free for all attendees!

Although attendance is gratis, space is very limited, so please be sure
to send an RSVP to address@hidden as soon as possible to secure your
spot.

[office in Boston]
<https://www.fsf.org/about/contact/fsf-office-directions>