[emacs-wiki-discuss] help needed on using latex with emacs-wiki

From: Hui Zhou
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] help needed on using latex with emacs-wiki
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 00:20:45 -0700

Hi there,

I have been confused for quite a while by using latex formula in emacs-wiki.  You help is really appreciated on that.

I have downloaded the necessary *.el files and configured my .emacs file as instructed on http://www.sfcu.ca/~gswamina/EmacsWikiBlog. However, when I try the following simple _expression_ in a wiki page
   <latex prefix="Ma">
    </latex>
I get the error message as
 "Failed to create png file
  The latex folder does not exist!
  * emacs-wiki-tmp*: Error occurred: (wront-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)

I have auctex properly install on my ubuntu system and I can properly preview latex in latex-mode.  So I really have no idea what can be wrong with that. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hui