[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-diary entries manipulation

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-diary entries manipulation
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 00:05:08 -0400

"Sebastian P. Luque" <address@hidden> writes:

> There are some entries in my ~/.diary that look like this:
>
> &%%(let ((dayname (calendar-day-of-week date)))
>      (memq dayname '(1 2 3 4 5)))  08:00 | 09:00 | Some activity
>  09:00 | 12:30 | Some activity
>  14:00 | 14:40 | Some activity
>
> So that when they're included in day pages, they retain the leading space.
> This ruins their translation of the section defined by
> 'planner-diary-string' into a table; i.e. without the leading space they
> would normally be published as a table with the schedule defined by the
> entries in the diary.

I'm not sure that the leading space is causing the problem.  Just in
case, I've committed a change to the Muse development source that
strips initial and trailing whitespace from table fields.

My best guess is that the problem is being caused by Planner's default
behavior of publishing Diary sections as if they were <verse> regions
(in order to preserve line breaks).  Since you're using table markup,
you probably don't want that to happen.  Just customize
planner-section-tagnames and remove the ("Diary" . "diary-section")
line to make Planner do nothing special for that section.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net