[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: new to planner and have a question - ~/Plans/My

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: new to planner and have a question - ~/Plans/MyPage in fundamental-mode
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:55:40 -0400

Welcome to Planner!  The URL from which you obtained Remember looks
right to me.

Please visit this page for info on using Remember, which I updated
on 2006-05-01:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/RememberMode

One way to get text mode to turn on when visiting a plan page is to
add something like this to your .emacs file:

(setq auto-mode-alist (append '(("\\.muse$" . text-mode)) auto-mode-alist))

This assumes you are using the default extension of .muse for muse files.

What I do, however, is define text-mode as my default mode like this:

(setq default-major-mode 'text-mode)

But this will turn on text mode for all files whose names fail to match
something  on the auto-mode-alist.

Now about that link.  If you want to create a link manually, use this
syntax:
[[FindAMechanic.muse][FindAMechanic]]

There are many functions that will create the links automatically.  I hardly
ever create mine by hand, although I might modify them occasionally.

And to figure out what mode(s) is active (instead of guessing) press C-h m.

Note: I've not commented on your code because I didn't look at it.

HTH.  Good luck!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>