[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner links to other months

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner links to other months
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:26:56 -0400

Phillip Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> At the moment, when publishing a planner page, I can get that months
> calendar. This works well, but there are no links through to the
> month before or after. I just have to guess the URL's based on which
> days are likely to have had meetings.

If you have Planner daypages in the previous or next month, a link to
each month should be in the top corners of the generated calendar.

> Is there a way to make this happen? Can I get three month displays
> like calendar does?

It's doable, but will require some programming.  Basically:

 - Make a new function based on `planner-publish-calendar-tag'.
 - Take `planner-calendar-coerce-day-page' to get today's date.
 - Get a date in the previous month and next month (doesn't have to
   actually exist as a Planner page)
 - Call `planner-calendar-from-page' for each date.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net