[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: flyspell-mode and intangible property

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: flyspell-mode and intangible property
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:01:32 -0400

Stefan Schlee <address@hidden> writes:

> I'am trying to implement a little extension to muse-mode which would
> havily rely on the intangible property.  As I found out there are
> problems with flyspell-mode if this feature is activated (via
> setting the inhibit-point-motion-hooks appropriately).
>
> Has anybody taked to Manuel Serrano <address@hidden> (the
> author of flyspell mode) about this issue, or is this issue allready
> beeing adressed by someone and there will be a solution in the near
> future (besides deactivating the intagibility).  Thanks for your
> advice!

I don't remember whether the problem has been fixed.  My guess is that
it probably has been fixed in the development version of Emacs.  If
you like, feel free to do something like the following in your code.

(setq inhibit-point-motion-hooks nil)

Or just set `muse-mode-intangible-links' to t in your own Emacs init
file.

If you don't see any flyspell problems, and your code works as
expected, we can probably assume that the problem has been fixed
upstream.  Once we have verified that this is so, I will try changing
the default for `muse-mode-intangible-links' to t and see if anyone
complains :^) .

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net