Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] auto-fill-mode on or off? (was: 9 billion backu

From: Evan Monroig
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] auto-fill-mode on or off? (was: 9 billion backups)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:46:34 +0900

On 6/14/06, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
"thomas knoll" <address@hidden> writes:
> 2. Auto-fill-mode is always on by default.

... and this is a good default.  The easy way is to turn it off for
specific modes only:

(add-hook 'planner-mode-hook 'turn-off-auto-fill)

I am curious about this, because I have the inverse problems: I would
like to have it on by default, and have to add hooks for each modes I
am interested in, like this

(add-hook 'planner-mode-hook 'auto-fill-mode)

Evan