[emacs-wiki-discuss] Looking for suggestions for planner use

From: mirko.vukovic
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Looking for suggestions for planner use
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:46:49 -0400

Hello,

I am hoping some of you can help me improve my planner usage.  I am not
familiar with all the planner and muse modules, so some of the stuff I am
looking for may already exist.

I divide my tasks into several projects, and each project has its separate
file.  At the start of the file are the *Tasks and *Notes fields.

Typically each projects has sub-projects.  I use the outline-minor-mode in the
file to navigate among the sub-projects.

For each sub-project, I keep "diary".  Once a week, I summarize what happened,
and what I would like to do next.  These weekly entries are also tagged with
the "***" for outline mode navigation.

When I enter a create a new task, it is usually associate with some text in the
plan file.  My only solution so far has been to create a note for this task
where I discuss the purpose of the task.  Ideally, this note would be in the
appropriate location in the file, but because of limitations of(my
understanding of) planner, I have to keep them under *Notes.

The task typically takes a few days to get accomplished.  I have written a
planner-create-task-progress-note, which I use in the daily plan file to write
comments about daily activities.  Ideally, this note would also appear in the
plroject page, but I have not gotten to that.  Also, ideally, I would be able
to assemble the notes to monitor the task progress.

So, any comments regarding what existing tools are available to ease my planner
usage?  I don't mind writing some code, but would need some guidance in terms
of what features of planner and muse may prove useful in that endevour.

Many thanks (for the planner and muse),

Mirko

If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.

This message has been scanned for viruses and spam by SurfControl RiskFilter -
E-mail.