[emacs-wiki-discuss] Thoughts on the upcoming Muse release

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Thoughts on the upcoming Muse release
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:35:07 -0400

Here are some of the remaining goals for the 3.03 release.  If you are
interested in helping with any of this (and have assigned changes to
the FSF), let me know so that we can coordinate the effort.  If you
are interested in working on Muse and haven't assigned changes, we
could use the help, but the changes would probably not make it to the
release in time.

My schedule ::

  I'm going to be busy with schoolwork until Friday.  On Friday, I'm
  going to be working on getting Muse 3.03 releasable.  My changes
  will be sporadic for the next few weeks, due to finals.

  I have been doing a lot of work getting EMMS releasable recently, so
  I haven't had much time to give to Muse.  Now that I'm content with
  my emms-player-mpd.el backend, Muse will get top priority
  project-wise.

emacs-wiki migration ease ::

 - Add <perl> and <python> tags.
 - Implement <include> tag.
 - Double-check emacs-wiki for any functionality not in Muse.

Suggestions from the #muse channel ::

 - Add noescape argument to <lisp> tags.
 - Implement autoloading of publishing styles when the user selects
   one that is not currently loaded.

Mailing list ::

 - Implement interwiki URL protocol, so people have a way of doing
   cross-project links without having to load muse-wiki.el.  It will
   probably take the form "proj://" rather than "iw://" since its
   entries correspond to `muse-project-alist'.
 - Create Muse and Planner-specific mailing lists on GNA and mention
   those in the documentation.

Standard major point release stuff ::

 - Vet the documentation for accuracy and good phrasing.
 - Fully document nested list syntax.
 - Document every add-on module in Muse at least minimally, in a new
   "Additional Functionality" section in the manual, which should come
   just before the "Extending Muse" section.
 - Add user-visible changes since 3.02.6 to NEWS.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Muse, Planner, ERC, EMMS