Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner task syntax

From: Torsten Anders
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner task syntax
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:35:31 +0200

Dear Sacha and Michael,

Thank you very much for your most helpful replay! It seems I get the hang of it :)

On 05.04.2006, at 21:27, Michael Olson wrote:
Don't forget to surround the link with parentheses.

On 05.04.2006, at 23:58, Sacha Chua wrote:
then call M-x planner-update-task to copy the task to the linked page

Great.

BTW: Manually entering is not so much the point as being able to easily edit and change..

Also, your May.2006-style plan pages make me think of planner-zoom.el,
which has just been contributed. See if
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.wiki.general/5419 strikes a
chord. =)

Thanks for forwarding that. Thanks exactly where I got the idea from (in the email I only got the order in naming convention wrong -- coming from Europe).

you don't have to reinvent the wheel. See planner-schedule.el . ^_^

Thanks for pointing to that. Its really amazing what this module takes into account (diary, holidays etc).

Unfortunately, its not quite what I'm after. If I understood it right, planner-schedule.el always reports how long the present project would take from now on. That's not suitable, for example, if I structured my workload into multiple projects or if I only can start the day after tomorrow.

All I would like to do is: find all tasks in a page still to fulfill (open, in progress, pending) and report the sum of their durations.

Along that line, it would be great if for some child-project I could automatically accumulate these durations and insert the sum into some 'header-task' of the child-project using a Lisp tag.

#B _ [[lisp:<add-all-durations-in-this-project-but-the-first>]] test header ([[ParentProject]] [[ThisSubProject]])

All durations but the first are accumulated. The first would be the project header task which is not added..

Then, in the parent project I see the full duration of its child project, and in the top-level project I could sum up recursively the full duration of the project.

Oh, oh, I must be careful now to focus on my actual TODO list and not to add a handful of tasks just to make the TODO list shine ;-)

`planner-multi-copy-tasks-to-page' is a customizable option, not a
function.

Oh, sorry. The doc clearly says

        User Option: planner-multi-copy-tasks-to-page

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Anders