[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner task syntax

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner task syntax
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:50:17 -0400

Torsten Anders <address@hidden> writes:

> Does there exist some doku which explains the syntax for a planner
> task (i.e. a task in the TaskPool) somewhat formally? What form must
> a task have to be automatically bi-directionally linked/linkable to
> other pages (e.g. the page of today).  I would like to be able to
> manually edit the task and have changes always reflected by the
> linked page (required use of an ID is fine).

See the "Example Page" section in the Planner manual.  It should
probably be modified, however, to better explain the syntax of a
single task line.

Here is a sort of Task syntax, using nested definition lists to form a
modified sort of BNF grammar that is publishable by Muse, as of 10
minutes ago.

#disable-tables t
; tell Muse not to turn "|" into a table; ignore if you are
; casually reading this via email

<TASK> :: #<PRIORITY> " " <STATUS> " " <DESCRIPTION>

  <PRIORITY> :: A | B | C