[emacs-wiki-discuss] cylic, block tasks, bug in diary

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] cylic, block tasks, bug in diary
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:54:58 -0000

I think I have discovered why my cyclic tasks where not working
properly. There appears to be a bug in diary at least on my emacs.

If you select a region in calendar, then do "I b"
(`insert-block-diary-item')
and then do "d" (`diary-view-entries'), the block item does not appear.

The problem appears to be that the diary insertion commands are putting
the
entry at the end of the diary file with no finishing newline. If you
put the newline in, then it all works correctly. Of course, if you
insert a
new block entry, then the one before will now appear, but the new one
wont. Confusing in the UI.

Can some one give this a try and see whether they get the same error?
If so, I'll track down the cause and send a patch in the emacs
developers.
I'm using Emacs-w32 package of CVS emacs.

Cheers

Phil