Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-erc (broken?)

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-erc (broken?)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 09:57:28 +0100

      > Gijs Hillenius <address@hidden> writes:
    >> Hi am trying to figure out how to use planner-erc I have
    >> (require 'planner-erc) in my .emacs

      > Oh! planner-erc is non-interactive. It just lets you
      > "bookmark" IRC chats, keeping track of nick, channel and
      > server. =) When you visit the link using RET or whatever,
      > planner-erc tries to reconnect to the IRC server. I mainly
      > used it to keep track of who asked for what feature, rarely

Thanks Sacha & John for your replies. I think I got it. Sacha, what
you describe is what I would want (to make (planner-)notes from erc).

the tricky bit, I guess: I use erc for instant messaging, like so: I
connect to an im-server (shameless plug) using Bitblee ...  that is
similar but not the same as irc in erc. That explains why I guess I
get this error:

planner-make-link: Symbol's value as variable is void:
erc-announced-server-name

Maybe if I master more lisp  ...

--
Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.