Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse questions from a complete newbie

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse questions from a complete newbie
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:19:02 -0500

Salim Qadri <address@hidden> writes:

> I am interested in what muse + planner mode can do for me. So after installing
> muse, I created a sample file with various markups. But I cannot figure out
> how
> to put my muse file in a journal mode. The info file gives certain directives
> in
> section 9.5 (for example `journal-mode') but I dont know how to use these
> directives. If I did, I could continue using muse to see if it meets what I
> want
> it to do which is publish a mixture of a blog and a wiki for myself.

Where are you getting journal-mode from? That's not mentioned at all in the
muse manual. AFAIK, journal-mode is a different emacs mode entirely.

Just type your journal entry using muse markup, then publish it using the
'journal-html' or 'journal-xhtml' style. There is no need for the buffer to be
in anything but journal-mode.

The idea of muse is that you use one mode for doing all of your writing, and
then you can publish it in a variety of styles. Maybe the problem is that you
don't know how to choose which publishing style you want to use?

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net