[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule

From: René
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:52:40 +0000 (UTC)

Seth Falcon <sethfalcon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using planner-appt to manage appointments.  I like this approach
> because entering a task and entering an appointment are the same
> hot-key --- I only have to remember one way of making a "reminder".

I would like to have appointment announcements (by means of a beep).  But this
does not seem to work with planner-cyclic-diary nor with appointments directly
stored in a plain "* Schedule" section.  Is it a matter of configuration or does
that mean that such feature only works with planner-diary?

> I have a '* Schedule' section and appointments are nicely collected
> there (though they also appear in my task list).

Is it possible to have just one "* Schedule" section and no "* Diary" section
and put all relevant diary entries into the "* Schedule" section?

I cannot manage to do that.  Every time I try to do so my diary entries erase
the other entries I had previously stored in the "* Schedule" section.  I don't
want these lines to disappear.  How can I do?

This problem does not appear with my planner-cyclic-diary.

> Recently I have tried the planner-cyclic setup because I need to be
> reminded about recurring appointments.  I think it is working.

I'd be interested in having a look at you configuration file.

> I don't know whether it makes sense to have more than one diary file.
> Seems to me that Emacs things there can only be one, but is happy to
> put other files in the cryptic editing mode without giving you a way
> to turn it off

How about having a planner-diary-public-file and planner-diary-private-file for
your public and private planner directory.

--
René