Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode wishlist

From: Evan Monroig
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode wishlist
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:32:06 +0900

Evan Monroig <address@hidden> writes:
> Wei-Hao Lin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Evan Monroig <address@hidden> writes:

>> Actually I have put plan pages under subdirectories since emacs-wiki.
>> You can try to enable the variable "emacs-wiki-recurse-directories" as
>> follows,
>>
>> (add-to-list 'planner-custom-variables
>>           '(emacs-wiki-recurse-directories . t))
(snip)
> So I guess I will try out your proposition and the proposition of the
> documentation and report how both work..

Here are a few tests that I made, after enabling
"emacs-wiki-recurse-directories" as mentioned above.

Evan

1) create a new task with no date: ok

Then I went to today's page, and created a new task with "M-x
planner-create-task-from-buffer" which I named
"try out turbogears 0.9". I assigned the date to "nil" and the plan
page to "Web/python".

The task was correctly created, with an ID number.

2) assign task to today: failed

So far so good. Next I opened the Web/python plan page. It was
there. I assigned the task to today with
"M-x planner-copy-or-move-task". Apparently nothing changed in
Web/python. I went to today's page. It had the task with a link, as
follows:

#B   _ try out turbogears 0.9 {{Tasks:289}} ([[python]])

Following the link, I arrived on a new plan page "python", which is
not "Web/python". A quick check at the files showed that indeed a new
file was created in "~/Plans/".

3) create a new task assigned to today: almost ok

I went again to today's page, and created a new task "test" which I
assigned to today and to the plan page "Web/test". This succeeded, and
I can follow the link back and forth.

However, the task has an ID number in today's page, but not in
"Web/test".

4) move task to tomorrow from day page: failed

I went to today's page, moved point to the newly created task and
moved it to tomorrow: "M-x planner-copy-or-move-task" "+1".

The task disappeared from today's page and moved to tomorrow, but the
link in "Web/test" was not updated.

5) move task to tomorrow from plan page: failed

I moved the task back to today, and this time tried to move it to
tomorrow from the plan page "Web/test".

The task was moved to tomorrow, but the link in "Web/test" was not
updated, and the plan page associated to the task in tomorrow's page
had changed from "Web/test" to "test".

6) replan task from "test" to "Web/test": failed

I moved the task back to today, and from today's page replanned it
from "test" to "Web/test". A second task with the same name was
created in "Web/test", but the link was not updated in today's page.