[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule

From: René
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:32:22 +0000 (UTC)

Phillip Lord <Phillip.Lord <at> newcastle.ac.uk> writes:

> René wrote:
> > Before using Planner I relied on a regular diary.
>
> What? Like a paper one, you mean?

No.  I meant regular Emacs' diary.

> > Now I've switched
> > to planner-cyclic along with planner-appt in the "* Schedule"
> > section, but I'm still confused about whether I am missing features
> > that would be available if I were using regular diaries.

I'm still wondering what would be the best approach :

 - working with planner-cyclic
 - or with planner-diary

The second alternative seems to provide more features and the integration with
calendar seems better.  So I'm considering switching back to planner-diary.

Does anyone have some additional viewpoint on this issue?

Planner diary also seems to provide differentiated ways to deal with public vs.
private appointments via planner-diary-private-file and
planner-diary-public-file.  BTW I would be great if spd.el (Select Planner
Directory) could rely on this feature as soon as it is bundled into
tarball/zipfile/debian package.  Right now spd includes appointments from the
planner-cyclic-diary-file into day pages regardless whether the day pages are
from your private or public planner.

--
René