RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: muse-split.el

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: muse-split.el
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 17:53:04 -0000

Okay, I've attached a complete version of muse-split.el.

It now handles anchors correctly, at least in my hands.
I realised during the course of writing this support that it may not
have
been the best decision, as it changes the muse publishing process
somewhat.
Specifically, it requires that muse check the TARGETS of links during
the
process of publication; this is going to mean that the publication
process
is potentially going to be much less efficient.

There is an alternative that comes to mind. Both of the split functions
that I have written produce, as well as the split files, a full length
file (which is equivalent to what muse would produce without splitting).

If all anchors and links into a muse file point to this, then the
problem
is solved -- links are produced as now: without knowledge of the
contents
of the target, just their existence. This solution is certainly much
simpler.
Not sure whether it is better.

Anyway, hopefully, the file will invite comment from others on the list
to suggest which they think is better.

Cheers

Phil