Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-cyclic syntax

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-cyclic syntax
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 20:40:13 +0000

> Hi
> How do I formulate a monthly repeating task when using planner-cyclic ?

> for example : creating a task at each 1st day of the month

Use asterisks for the month and year in the date:

if you are using european-calendar-style:

1/*/* #B _ task for the first day of the month

otherwise:

*/1/* #B _ task for the first day of the month

> other example : creating a task on the second tuesday of each month

I think you can use the diary-float function:

&%%(diary-float t 2 2) #B _ task description

where the argument t means all months, the first 2 means Tuesday, and
the second 2 means the second one of the month.

There are details in the info node

(emacs)Special Diary Entries

and in the documentation for diary-float.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway