Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Before I start on the learning curve, is planne

From: Geraldine
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Before I start on the learning curve, is planner mode for me?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:48:34 +0100

> There is a tutorial to show you the basic editing operations, and very
> extensive documentation available within Emacs itself. Have a look at
> the Help menu when you start Emacs.
>
> As for setting up planner, it is not too difficult to add a simple
> configuration to the start up file [a file called .emacs in your home
> directory].

Thank you, Jim.  Your encouragement was just what I needed.  I had
gone through some of the tutorial but where I was stumbling was with:

the .emacs file (I found the home directory but I had not realised
that .emacs does not exist in a new emacs installation and so I was
searching all over for it before realising I needed to create it)

the load-paths (confusion with backwards and forward slashes).

Anyway, I gave it another go just now and sorted it all out.  I am
thrilled to report that I have just created a task.

Geraldine